steamer-cart

steamer-cart

Monday, March 15, 2010

What Every Dog Owner Needs to Know About Puppies

We were so excited for our first addition to our family! Priscilla the English Bulldog puppy! She was so adorable I could have eaten her with a spoon. And that face! Love at first sight. So cute I even forgave her for her 9th little puppy puddle. After the 19th puppy puddle I still loved her but didn’t think she was quite as cute. In fact I was beginning to wonder if we had maybe made a huge mistake.

This puppy potty training thing was a lot more difficult than we had expected. We were certainly not as prepared as I thought we were. I started wondering how that little body could produce so much piddle? Then I found a great book and her training started to shape up nicely.

Now I had time to focus on the mess she had made of my carpeting. I have two words for all new puppy owners – steam cleaner, I repeat Steam Cleaner (just in case you didn’t get it the first time).
If not for my steam cleaner, I can say with certainty that I would not have kept my sanity. The carpet, the puppy or both would have had to go. Because of my steamer I can keep the carpet and the puppy.

There are several reasons my steamer is perfect for this problem. One is because the temperature is so hot it actually kills the bacteria that causes odor. It doesn’t just cover up the smell with a perfumed chemical. Since it doesn’t smell where she went, she won’t go in that spot again.

I also love it because renting a carpet cleaner or calling a professional service is a very difficult, expensive and/or time consuming job. But with my steamer handy I’m able to remove the pet stains myself quickly and easily before they dry and set.

I just move the floor brush covered with a cloth back and forth over the stain. The steam pressure penetrates all the way to the carpet padding. Then as the heat rises, up comes the problem into the cloth. I change the cloth as it gets dirty and I know the problem is gone when the cloth comes up clean.

Now I’m not stressing about my house smelling or thinking about replacing my carpet. I can just relax and enjoy the cute little puddle maker. In fact friends who come to meet Priscilla can’t believe it – our house doesn’t smell like a puppy.

For more information on cleaning with steam, purchasing a steam cleaner, or having a FREE cleaning demonstration in your home, call Michelle at 801-979-6707.
I have many years of experience with a cleaning business, but once I became acquainted with the Sargent Steam cleaner, I decided not only to use the machines in my cleaning business, but also to become an independent business owner. Steams My Team is listed on Angie’s List!

No comments:

Post a Comment