steamer-cart

steamer-cart

Monday, March 8, 2010

Teenagers and Their Air Spray!

I’m sure I don’t have to spend much time describing the bathrooms that teenagers get ready for school in. Let’s not get too frustrated because I well remember doing the exact thing many years ago. Hair spray has been around for a long time, as I have.

The bathroom looks much like a disaster zone after the kids leave for school. There is hair spray on the mirror and walls. Before anyone gets to the realization that the mirror and walls need desperate attention, weeks have passed. The counters are full of an assortment of spills, drops and smudges! The toilet seat even has hair spray on it. If there are boys in the house, let’s don’t forget the toilets and the floor. If this isn’t a bad enough situation, the bickering to see who is going to clean the bathroom is never-ending.

I have no more worries whatsoever about the bathrooms and you shouldn’t either. I readily solved the problem a year ago when I had a Sargent Steam machine demonstration. I had been told to make a list of the “worse parts in the house” and we would tackle them one at a time. Of course, the bathroom was the starting point. There was dread in my heart to let anyone see the battle zone, but the nice lady showing me the machine assured me that I was “not to worry.”

The lady had a cart full of all kinds of brushes, attachments, micro fiber clothes, and extension wands. She had everything, but there was one important thing missing: she had NO toxic chemicals at all. That was my first concern. How was she ever going to get through this war zone without the Comet, Windex, toilet bowl cleaner, swiffer and lots of paper towels?

She took the steamer first to the toilet, spraying 298 degree heat and 50 pounds of pressure to the tank, toilet seat, around the bottom, inside, and all around the floor with no effort at all. She did no kneel one time on the floor or bend over. That was my amazement. My knees are red and sore after I clean just one bathroom, and most of us have three bathrooms! The toilet soon looked like the day the plumber took it out of the box—it was spotless.

“The Steamer Lady,” as she calls herself, went to work on the beveled edges on the doors where the hair spray was caked on. When that hot steam hit the doors, she whipped the dripping crap off with a rag. She explained that there were several ways to attack the problem. She said she could also use the triangular brush covered with a fitted towel. This way everything was done at once. The doors, the wall behind the mirror, and the mirror were gleaming. She used a soft micro fiber cloth on the mirror. There was true amazement on my face. The entire process maybe took her 10 minutes. The time it would save me was worth the money, and I no longer needed ANY chemicals in my house at all.

I actually have such an arsenal of cleaning products that I was able to give away or throw away, it gave me so much room under my sinks, the bathroom cabinets, and storage room, that the shelves looked bare! I must have had hundreds of dollars worth of this and that.

That was a year ago now. My husband nearly flipped that I would consider an expensive machine like this until he too starting using it. It has made our home happier, cleaner, and saved us from anymore expensive chemicals. My teenagers are thrilled to use it. It makes cleaning fun! I am sold on the Sargent Steam machine. If you too want to experience the same thing I did, give Michelle a call at 801-979-6707. Go to her Google site: Steams My Team and read all the articles on the benefits of using steam. Wow!

No comments:

Post a Comment