steamer-cart

steamer-cart

Friday, March 12, 2010

Cleaning Hardwood Floors

My boyfriend and I helped move some friends into a new house over the weekend. The thing our friends were most excited about is their hardwood floors. They were a little nervous because they’ve never lived in a house where they’d have to take care of them.

She had asked other friends if they knew how to keep them looking like brand new without ruining them. The methods she heard were really silly. Someone suggested using vinegar and water to get them clean and wax to keep them conditioned. But what I know about vinegar is that it’s a corrosive! The last thing she’d want is to eat through the varnish! The wax just left everything cloudy and sticky. She could see foot prints on them almost right after she did them.

These just seemed like too much work, and too many things to be worried about all at once so I suggested we use my Microfiber Mop. I just misted the mop pad with regular tap water and ran it over the floor. I could see the dirt and dust cling to the mop. I couldn’t believe how clean it made the wood.

Now they look clean and polished with almost no work at all. The material is a Microfiber-polyamide blend with NO cotton. They weave the fibers to look like star-shaped clusters. These little groupings of thirsty fingers cling onto just about anything they touch.

I like to use them dry to get all the loose dirt and debris off the floor instead of a standard broom. I love them with just a small amount of water to get the harder, stickier messes off with ease. When I’m finished I simply remove the pad from the attachment head and then launder with regular detergent. I don’t use fabric softener because this will coat the fibers and affect how well the mop can do its job.

I purchase the special Micro Fiber rags at Sargent Steam company or just call Michelle.

For more information on cleaning with steam, purchasing a steam cleaner, buying Micro Fiber rags, or having a FREE cleaning demonstration in your home, call Michelle at 801-979-6707.

I have many years of experience with a cleaning business, but once I became acquainted with the Sargent Steam cleaner, I decided not only to use the machines in my cleaning business, but also to become an independent business owner. Steams My Team is listed on Angie’s List!

No comments:

Post a Comment