steamer-cart

steamer-cart

Thursday, October 8, 2009

There’s Another Window Waiting To Be Cleaned – And She’s Too Smart To Leave Streaks. No Streak Window Cleaning!

One of my most favorite things about Spring and Summer is looking out at nature through nice, clean windows. For some reason having clean clear windows just changes the feel of my home. Everything seems cleaner when the rooms are full of sunshine. The whole house seems brighter and cheerier.

I do have a confession, though, in the past I didn’t wash my windows very often- in fact almost never. It was just such a daunting task. I have tons of them and they’re high – I couldn’t reach most of them without getting on a ladder. Not to mention how time-consuming it was. It seemed to be an all day long event.

Worst of all was the lousy results after slaving all day long. I always ended up with streaks no matter which stuff I used – vinegar, Windex, alcohol – I tried them all. None of them were very effective. I had to spray it all over and manually wipe it all off again. I think I covered every square inch of my window 17 times by the time I finished fighting all the streaks.

It seemed pretty crazy as I thought about it – here I am smearing stuff all over the window when what I really wanted was nothing on the window.

The sad part about this whole thing is I thought I’d just have to get used to dirty, dingy windows – I just didn’t have the time, the energy or the right tools. Then I found the tool I had been missing and the solution was so simple I couldn’t believe it. I bought a steam cleaner and I’m so excited about it!

Steam is just water so it doesn’t leave an oily film like chemical cleaners. The water is “distilled” in the machine so there are no hard water mineral spots left on the glass. The heat melts through sticky fingerprints, fly tracks, even doggy nose prints like magic. The shine is awesome and with no chemicals they even stay cleaner longer.

My steamer has a squeegee attachment that’s so effective. I use the soft brush for scrubbing away all the weather and grime then I flip to the other side to squeegee away the moisture and dirt. That’s it! No endless polishing and no streaky residue left that just attracts more dirt. They’re streak-free and squeaky-clean in a single pass!

I can even reach the high windows without climbing on a ladder. I just add extension wands so I can reach to the top while standing on the floor. I finish up any leftover water droplets with a microfiber cloth. Voila! Every window in the house is so shiny, streak-free and clean I can finally see outside again!

Now I enjoy clean windows all the time. I can’t tell you what a difference my steamer has made. I can tell you I don’t miss how hard I had to work to get windows clean before my steamer. The whole house has never shined like this and with so little work it’s so rewarding. Yeah!


For more information on cleaning with steam, purchasing a steam cleaner or having Steams My Team come out and clean with steam in your home call Michelle at 801-979-6707 or email at michelle@sargentsteam.com.

I have had many years of cleaning experience. Once I became acquainted with the Sargent Steamer, I decided to quit my school teaching job and became an independent business owner and started my own cleaning business.

No comments:

Post a Comment