steamer-cart

steamer-cart

Thursday, October 22, 2009

The Fastest And Easiest Way To Clear Clogged Drains In Less Than 10 Seconds

My husband is now an official steam cleaner team player. Truth is I new it wouldn’t take long before he would be using it as much as I was. He’s even attached his man lingo to it calling it a very useful “tool”.

Let’s back up just a little so I can explain how this transition took place. I would give anything to have captured the look on his face with the video camera… it was priceless.

You see my husband has always been very supportive of me but he just didn’t get why I wanted a steam cleaner so badly. So I sat him down and explained it to him.

I highlighted all the benefits – like how easy it would make my life, the time and money it would save, how we could eliminate all those harmful chemicals, how every surface in our home could be cleaned and sanitized safely, and that he would love it just as much as I would. He actually said “That’ll be the day.” He did however follow that comment up with “Go ahead.” Fast forward two weeks later. I had spent the day cooking and cleaning, preparing for a weekend visit from his Mother. He had spent the day working in the yard. Everything was absolutely perfect. My Mother in-law would be a arriving within the hour so I told my husband he had better get in the shower.
The next thing I heard was my husband groaning as he stood there looking into the tub and sink. Pools of water were collecting around the drains. I could see the irritation on his face knowing he wouldn’t be showering before his mother arrived.

We’ve been married long enough that I also knew exactly what he was thinking. Crap! Now I need the plunger, pipe wrench, plumber’s auger, sewer snake, pliers and I hate plumbing problems! I knew we didn’t have time for all that and I didn’t want him making that kind of mess in my clean bathroom.
As he went to go round up the tools he thought he was going to need, I grabbed in my steam cleaner. He approached the bathroom just in time to see me attach my plumber’s helper to the end of the nozzle.

A plumber’s helper is an attachment that came with my steam cleaner. It’s about 2 inches in diameter and has a spongy seal. He asked just what did I think I was going to do with that? I calmly told him I was going to unclog the drains in the tub and sink in less than 2 minutes.

Impossible.” he exclaimed. “Watch me.” I said. I simply placed the seal over the drain in the sink and turned on the steam. Whatever was clogging the drain couldn’t withstand the 50 pounds of pressure and steam that reaches almost 290 degrees. I heard a pop and the pipe cleared in about 10 seconds. The water that had been pooling in the sink was now disappearing down the drain like magic.
Then I moved to the tub and went through the same process on that drain. The clogs were gone in under my 2 minute estimate. I turned around and that’s when I saw the look on his face of disbelief and utter amazement. It was at that moment he became a steam cleaner team player.

Since that day my husband has found many more uses for my steam cleaner. He details the cars on a weekly basis. His golf clubs are immaculate including the grip, which he swears will never need to be replaced again and our boat looks about 5 years newer.
Converting him didn’t take as long as I thought it would. It makes me smile every time I hear him telling his friends about this amazing new power tool his wife bought for him and that it’s a must-have component in their arsenal of tools. He’s become the best word of mouth proponent ever!

If you want your husband as happy as mine about something that makes me equally as happy.
For more information on cleaning with steam, purchasing a steam cleaner or having Steams My Team come out and clean with steam in your home call Michelle at 801-979-6707 or email at michelle@sargentsteam.com.

I have had many years of cleaning experience. Once I became acquainted with the Sargent Steamer, I decided to quit my school teaching job and became an independent business owner and started my own cleaning business.

No comments:

Post a Comment